Sunday 5.30pm // 23/08/2015
There is no limit to what God can do. Throw seeds everywhere and trust in the Lord of the Harvest.
Ecclesiastes 11:6 In the morning sow your seed, and at evening withhold not your hand, for you do not know which will prosper, this or that, or whether both alike will be good.
It was an opportunity for me to share my heart with the folk. We had one lady saved, one rededication and the highest offering we’ve ever had. I believe this has to do with evangelism and prayer.
I spoke to Marvin today. It was weird, I had to psyche myself up. I realise witnessing is a fight. I have to be deliberate. My flesh, and the demonic are against it.
There was no one in the streets today so bumping into Marvin was a blessing. I thought I wouldn’t get to speak to anyone. He believed in reincarnation as well. He thought that his life was a result if his previous one. I asked him who governs and controls what you come back as and he replied “The universe”.
Curious on where he got his world view, I enquired on the source of his beliefs. His answer was shocking. He made it up…those weren’t his words but that’s was essentially what he communicated. He blamed religion for the troubles in world and blasted Jehovah Witnesses for some of their teachings.
I shared my testimony with Him. How God delivered me from drugs and addiction and the Hope of the Cross. He previously didn’t let me get w word in, he was very passionate about his world view, but at this point he listened without a word. He said he would consider coming to church.
I think if I had asked him if he wanted to receive Christ he would have said yes…I regret not doing so, but it was a great conversation.
Isaiah 6:8 And I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?” Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.”
What I learnt
- People do believe in God. They just don’t know who He is. For some that acknowledge the eternal, they will create their own ‘religion’ that suits their lifestyle.
- Information is no good without transformation. As much as I believe that the Word of God has power in of it self, that does not mean I should avoid asking the question…Do you want to receive Jesus?
- Sharing the Gospel is not glamorous or enviable. Its hard work, but the payout far outweighs anything else…its eternal.
Go and Declare. The commission by our Master, was not:
- Go and make music
- Go and make a “fun day out”
- Go and make “movie nights”
- Go and have a games night
It was go and MAKE disciples. If the end result of all our labours is feeling good about an achievement or perfecting out talents and making a name for ourselves, we have failed. The end results should be a heart for people and a willingness to put your life down for them, even if you don’t gain a thing.
Go and Declare